Hillingdon Water Sports Facility & Activity Centre Update
Winter Open Series
The Broadwater SC Winter Open Series starts on Sunday 3 December 2023 and continues through Sunday 25 February 2024.
If your Sailing Club closes for the winter, why not continue sailing/racing at Broadwater? Pursuit race start at 10:00 followed by Handicap race start at approx 11:45.
Membership for this series only £60 which includes one boat berth and you can join the Wednesday morning informal race as well which starts at 11:00.
Free Life Jacket Clinics
RNLI Water Safety Teams of Chiswick and Teddington Lifeboat Stations offer free Lifejacket Clinics and these are held at monthly intervals throughout the winter period alternating between the two Lifeboat Stations. For more information about the next clinic click here
RYA Courses at Maidenhead SC (MSC)
MSC have just confirmed the following RYA Courses in 2024:
- First Aid Course, 23 March 0900-1700, course fee £60
- Power Boat level 2, 17 & 18 February 0900-1600, course fee £240
- Power Boat level 2, 20 & 21 April 0900-1600, course fee £240
- Safety Boat, 20 & 21 January 0900- 1600, course fee £100 (to join this course you must be 18 or over, hold PBL2 + a season's experience helming a powered craft)
- Safety Boat, 16 & 17 March 0900-1600, course fee £100 (as above)
Bart's Bash 2023 - Thank You!
We had a good turnout for the 2023 Bart's Bash. A good course set by the RO Graham Reece in a nice breeze and the Lasers were dominant at the front with Steve Fischer coming first and Andy Wheeler second and then David Cherrill in the RS Aero 9 third - with only 15 seconds between those three.
UPDATE: The total raised in donations and a plant sale came to just over £172 - Thanks to all of you!
Global Bart's Bash results can be seen at the Bart's Bash website